Applications for the AGW Centenary Scholarships 2022 are now open
AGW is offering three (3) scholarships worth up to $ 6000 each during our Centenary year for eligible Australian postgraduate female students currently undertaking a post-graduate coursework or research Master’s or PhD degrees.
These scholarships are designed to support exceptional postgraduate women whose projects align with the AGW’s priority areas and make a meaningful contribution to the education and empowerment of women.
- Australian Graduate Women Centenary Open Scholarship: Open scholarship for any Australian female post-graduate student.
- Australian Graduate Women Centenary Scholarship: Restricted scholarship for a female Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander post-graduate student.
- Australian Graduate Women Centenary Scholarship: Restricted scholarship for a female student on a Australian humanitarian visa student
At a glance
Award value: $6000 (Full time female students) for one year.
Applications open: 15 September 2022
Applications close: 15 November 2022
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must be
- Female Australian citizens or permanent residents only.
- For Humanitarian visas the following visas only will be accepted (Subclass 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 and 866)
- Enrolled in an Australian Master’s or PhD in 2022 (Please note: final year PhD candidates who plan to submit in 2022 are NOT eligible to apply)
- Provide a project that must align with AGW’s priority areas – education of women (all areas including creative arts and music), women’s health, housing, and advancement of women in the community.
- Undertake a project that may be a small coursework elective/capstone or community project
- Applicants are eligible for one award only
If you are awarded this scholarship, you must:
- Provide a short report (400 words only) about your project’s key outcomes for 2022-2023, and a photo of yourself, for use on AGW website and newsletters (to be provided by 15 December 2022).
- Give permission for AGW to use your name and photo in media announcements relating to the award
- Attend and present an update of your project at an AGW online event in.
- Acknowledge the support/contribution of the scholarship provider (AGW) when publishing or presenting material that relates to the project.
The selection criteria used for judging these scholarships will be based on the following three components:
- Merit of the project proposal (35%)
- Track record of the applicant relative to opportunity (35%) and
- Alignment of the research to the AGW and its objectives (30%)
How to apply:
To apply please email your signed, completed application form and accompanying documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Evidence of enrolment at an Australian University onshore and Australian degree as a fulltime student in 2022
- Evidence of Permanent residency or Australian citizenship
For further information, please contact Professor Jane Scott (email@example.com) or Professor Jaya Dantas – President of AGW (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For current information on criteria and conditions, please read the criteria. It is essential that you read these criteria before attempting to begin your Application.AGW Centenary Scholarship Criteria and Information
Applications will only be accepted if made on the official Application Form.2022_AGW Centenary Scholarships_Application Form1
Email for more information: